Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM
Please call 912-355-7717 to speak to one of our courteous staff members to make an appointment.
Making An Appointment
We value your time and realize no one likes to be kept waiting. Your office visit will be scheduled by appointment and we will make every effort to see you at the appointed time.
When calling for an appointment, please describe the nature of your problem. This will help us reserve the appropriate amount of time for your visit. When you have an emergency, it will be handled as quickly as possible.
Arriving on time (or even a little early) will also decrease your waiting time in the office. We realize that unforeseen problems may arise causing you to run late for an appointment. If this occurs, we will do our best to see you as soon as possible. In some cases, it may be necessary to reschedule for another day.
If for any reason you may need to cancel an appointment, please call us as soon as possible so that we may offer that time to another patient. We understand that genuine emergencies do arise, and we will certainly work with you when this happens. When you fail to keep an appointment without letting us know, or if you cancel at the last minute, another patient is prevented from being seen.
Occasionally, surgeries or emergencies may unavoidably delay Dr. Biggerstaff. We will keep you informed should this occur and, if necessary, reschedule your visit. Managed health care has caused many physicians’ offices to work in an assembly-line fashion. Schedules are often over-booked which results in long waits to see the physician. We would like to continue to provide personal, quality health care, but we need your cooperation. We sincerely thank you for your understanding and assistance.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Doctor Visit
- When you make your appointment, let us know if you have lots of questions and concerns or if this is a well-woman visit to get a refill on your pills or hormones? This will assist us in allowing the appropriate amount of time for your visit.
- Make sure you are familiar with your insurance benefits and restrictions
- Does your insurance require a referral from your primary care physician (PCP) before you see another doctor? If so, please obtain referral before coming to your appointment.
- Does your plan have only certain doctors that “participate”? Is Dr. Biggerstaff on your list? (Check your physician directory or call your carrier). Dr. Biggerstaff does not participate in all plans; you could be responsible for additional charges if you see a doctor who is “out of network”.
- Do you have a deductible to pay before your insurance starts paying? If so, have you met it?
- Does your plan have a set co-payment or percentage that you are responsible for? Deductibles and co-insurance are payable at the time services are rendered.
- Be aware of specific labs, X-ray facilities and hospitals you are to use and notify us accordingly.
- Does your insurance require prior approval before you have any diagnostic tests, lab, etc.?
- Be aware that the cost of your visit may vary if a significant amount of extra time is needed to address your questions and concerns. Also, lab or procedures performed may increase the cost of your visit. Please ask questions regarding any coinsurance due prior to treatment being rendered.
- It may be necessary to schedule an additional appointment to allow ample time to properly meet your needs.
- Feel free to call the office to check if Dr. Biggerstaff is running on time.
- Have a list of your symptoms and concerns along with a list of questions or topics you wish to discuss.
- Please make every effort to keep your appointment and arrive on time. For the benefit of our other patients, kindly advise us at least 24 hours ahead if you are unable to keep an appointment. This will allow us to work in patients who have emergencies or urgent needs while still maintaining a minimal wait time.
- Make sure you understand everything Dr. Biggerstaff and his staff say before you leave the office. Do not be afraid to take notes or ask questions.
- Feel free to call back if you get home and have a question or concern.